These are good points to ponder on before going out to get yourself one of those obviously religious tattoos:
• Does it have meaning for you?
• Will it offend someone else's beliefs?
• Are you aware of its history and true meaning?
• Are you prepared to become identified with a certain group by virtue of your tattoo?
• Are you prepared to defend your choice?
If you have read all these questions and still want to go ahead with your chosen tattoo design, then noone is stopping you. If, after reading these words, you come across some doubt in your mind, then stop first and think deeply about it. A tattoo is a permanent body ornament and a very visible statement.